Completing Direct Loan Entrance Counseling
- Go to StudentLoans.gov.
- Click the green Sign In button.
- Enter your Social Security number, the first two letters of your last name, your birthdate and your Personal Identification Number (PIN).
- Click the Sign In button.
- Click the Complete Entrance Counseling link.
- Read the instructions, and then click the Complete Entrance Counseling.
- Select the correct counseling type (Undergraduate or Graduate/Professional) and then click the Continue button.
- Read the guidelines and then click the Continue button.
- Select INDIANA for School State and then select PURDUE UNIVERSITY – NORTH CENTRAL for School Name. Click the Continue button.
- The Counseling Session/Quiz consists of 16 pages.
- Read the information on each page.
- Answer each quiz question at the end of the page.
- The correct answer will be displayed for you.
- Once all questions are answered on the page, click the Continue button.
- You can monitor your progress using the list located on the right section of the screen.
- Review your Borrowers Rights and Responsibilities and then click the Submit button.
- NOTE: Your loan entrance counseling is not complete unless you click Submit.
- Click the Print button and print a copy of your Counseling Confirmation Page.
- Click Logout to finish your session.
Back to Financial Aid